The CII or the Confederation of Indian Industry has created a society, by the name of the Indian Digital Gaming Society, or IDGS. The society will be a not-for-profit organization made up of various stakeholders in the Indian Digital Gaming Ecosystem.
IDGS hopes to be the platform where startups and the youth of the country can contribute to the digital economy of the nation, and hope to increase the job opportunities in this segment in the country. Read the complete press release below to learn more about IDGS’s potential offerings.
Find the complete press release below
Announcement of Formation and Launch of Indian Digital Gaming Society (IDGS)
An Initiative by Confederation of Indian Industry
The digital gaming segment has emerged as an industry in itself, with global corporates investing heavily towards the development of this sector. The global gaming market is estimated at US$ 110 billion. However, India, in-spite of being one of the largest users of digital products and services, is in a nascent stage with respect to the digital gaming industry.
With the Indian Digital Gaming market across mobile, PC, console and e-sports growing exponentially, IDGS fulfills the need for an industry led body to bring stakeholders across the ecosystem together, including government, to nurture and grow a global opportunity for Indian Industry in the creative world just like IT services opened India to the world three decades ago.Rajan Navani, Founding Member & President, IDGS and Chairman and Managing Director Jetline Group
India has a large skill pool to offer in the fields of, Game development and Testing, Arts and Designing, Information Technology. This presents a significant opportunity for the Indian gaming industry to forge partnerships with leading global digital gaming companies, and open doors for massive investment and job creation in the country.
The Digital India mission holds the key to the development of a robust gaming industry in the country through its emphasis on promoting digitalization. To evolve and leverage a Digital Transformation movement that transforms India by building systems of intelligence, by bringing in more personal computing and adapting to the intelligent cloud, growth opportunity for the creative sector like digital gaming in India is phenomenal.
Historically, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has been at the forefront of leveraging innovative trends to build the competitiveness of Indian industry and enhance its growth potential for the betterment of Indian citizens.
With this vision, CII has formed a society – the “Indian Digital Gaming Society” (IDGS), a not for profit organisation comprising of various stakeholders of the Indian Digital Gaming Ecosystem.
IDGS will provide platform for the young start-ups and youths to unleash their creativity and contribute towards digital economy of the country. Digital Gaming sector will open up new avenues of skilling and help create more job opportunities in India
IDGS will catalyse the Indian Digital Gaming industry to effectively contribute to India’s economic growth and become a trustworthy global partner. Society will work closely with the central and state governments and academia towards enabling the growth of the digital gaming industry.
- Strategic Direction Setting – For envisioning future opportunities for growth, capabilities, and Competitiveness, etc.
- Policy Advocacy Support – Provide Information on Policy Provisions and create a platform for effective industry – government dialogue
- Consultancy Services – Hand – Holding for new entrants
- Knowledge Platform – Insightful reports and newsletters, seminars, workshops
- Opportunity Alerts – RFIs/ REPs, National and global tenders, etc.
- Progress Tracking – Track Progress of Projects and Facilitate relevant dialogue.
- Outreach – Across Platforms to shape an Informed Discourse
Policy and Progress Advocacy
- Represent – Industry, aspirations and concerns, provide unbiased perspective to policymakers
- Review- Progress of Procurement and development with the government
- Engage – With national and State governments in policy formulations to create an enabling environment.
Policy and market research
- Track – The Global digital gaming industry, identify new trends, map impact and pin point opportunity areas
- Analyse – Policy opportunities to maximize potential
- Capitalise – Capability mapping of Industry specific products and services to create a repository of innovators and manufactures
Emerging technologies and New Opportunities
- Monitor and Create – Access to Emerging Technologies for gaming application
- Create – An International network of industry associations to enable access to state –of – the –art technology
- Incubate – Locally developed technologies in public and private Sector
Indigenization and Innovation
- Engage – Institutes of technological and management excellence for indigenization and innovation in digital gaming.
- Promote – sustained engagement between industries, R&D institutes and innovative technology Ventures
- Combine – Operational experience and technological expertise into innovation
- Raise – Awareness of the Indian digital gaming Industry on a Global by Publishing capability reports and Convening platforms
- Showcase – Domestic industry in international digital gaming exhibitions
- Facilitate – Interaction between foreign delegation and Indian Industry
- Provide – Consultancy services to foreign companies seeking to outsource to India.
Education and skill development
- Promote – Digital Gaming technology and management as an integrated multi – domain curriculum.
- Facilitate – Skill Development programmes for the digital gaming industry through partner organisations.
Manish "Trigger-Happy" Rajesh
If he's not gaming, he's... no wait he's always gaming.