Your home away from home
We recently took a look at the Safe House in Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. Like the name suggests, it’s a safe place for you to chill while you’re not out doing Ghost Warrior stuff (you know, sniping, sneaking around, stabbing people, all that). Also, this is where you’ll be planning most of your missions, setting your loadout, and crafting and purchasing all the items you’ll be needing. Like any good Ghost Warrior, you’re not going to camp at the same Safe House. There’s going to be safe houses littered around the Republic of Georgia for you to discover. “But why would I want to leave my cozy Safe House for some new one?” you ask. Well, there’s loot and weapons to be found! Also, you can always just fast travel back to your favorite one.
Like any good Ghost Warrior, you’re not going to camp at the same Safe House. There’s going to be safe houses littered around the Republic of Georgia for you to discover. “But why would I want to leave my cozy Safe House for some new one?” you ask. Well, there’s loot and weapons to be found! Also, you can always just fast travel back to your favorite one.
Anyway, now that we’ve established that the Safe House is where you’re going to be spending the non-Ghost Warrior-ing half of the game, here’s what you can do while you’re there:
Weapon Cache: Here’s where you’ll be changing your loadout. You’ll also be doing your weapon, gadget and item shopping here.
Workbench: Everyone seems to be obsessed with crafting these days. Well, Ghost Warrior 3 has it too. Here’s where you’ll be able to craft your bullets, gadgets, medkits and all the other stuff you’ll need for your missions. You can, of course, mod your weapons and craft special bullets here as well.
Here are the various Special Bullets you can craft in the game:
- Luring Bullet: Can be used to lure enemies into desired spots while not raising an alarm. Players can easily dispose of enemies that can be seen by others. Simply lure them out of sight and take them out. It can also lure enemies out from behind obstacles and into view.
- Armor Piercing: Can be used to take out targets hiding in cover, so thin walls, fences, and even metal will no longer stop shots. It’s very effective against armored vehicles.
- Explosive Bullet: If you no longer care about stealth, then this is your bullet of choice for one-shot, one-kill sniping.
- Tagging Bullet: Extracts a pulse that locates enemies through obstacles. It allows players to tag enemies in places where flying the drone would be too risky or would take too much time.
- EMP: Emits an electromagnetic pulse that disables vehicles and electronic devices within a small radius. A well-placed shot can ensure enemy reinforcements won’t arrive on the location, disable CCTV cameras, or can lure enemies by frying a power generator.
- DARPA: Experimental homing bullets that allow players to ignore wind and gravity, making these severe-condition shots much easier to execute.
Ghost Warrior 3’s currency will be called ‘Trading Goods’. You will be purchasing pretty much everything in the game with this. To earn ‘Trading Goods’, you can complete missions, find collectibles, take out most wanted targets, help civilians, or just find the stuff while exploring the world.
We recently reviewed Sniper Elite 4 and were left a little disappointed and wanting more. From what we’ve seen of Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 though, we’re excited to see how it turns out! Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 releases on April 25 and is available for pre-order now on their site.
Manish "Trigger-Happy" Rajesh
If he's not gaming, he's... no wait he's always gaming.