If you’re one of those people who jump to get the latest driver updates, the Nvidia 399.07 WHQL Game Ready GPU driver package is out, aimed at providing the best performance for the Battlefield V open beta, Strange Brigade, F1 2018, Immortal: Unchained, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019, and Switchblade. That’s six ‘Game Ready’ games in one update, which is pretty rare. If you’ve got any of those games, or plan to get them, you might probably want to pick this driver up.
We’re not usually the first to jump on the latest drivers when they’re out unless we see a good enough reason to warrant getting them as soon as possible. But usually, they provide a visibly improved performance for the games that they release for.
Additionally, the Nvidia 399.07 driver also addresses a few bugs:
- Rainbow Six Siege – TAA at 100 percent causes screen to be blurry when not moving in after driver update.
- GeForce GTX 1050/1070 – OpenGL driver does not release the rendering context correctly.
- Oculus – Blue-screen crash occurs when using Oculus VR software.
- Geforce 600/700 series Kepler GPUs/Doom 2016 – Missing textures when using Vulkan API.
- LA Noire VR – Stability issues occur when running LA Noire VR.
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4 – Stuttering and performance issues occur for some game configurations.
- G-Sync – Windowed G-Sync mode may stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update.
You can pick up the latest Nvidia ‘Game Ready’ driver here.
Manish "Trigger-Happy" Rajesh
If he's not gaming, he's... no wait he's always gaming.